Wow. I have been seriously awful this week. Between four hour team meetings, stressing about my future, and attempting to be a real person, I’ve let Equal Parts fall by the wayside. I can only move forward, though. I really don’t want to be one of the thousands of blogs that slowly die out. So, A, it’s time to make it work.
So today, I offer you five excuses for why I’ve been missing posts. Sure, it might not be a productive post, but at least you’ll get some insight into what I’ve been doing instead of keeping up with this darling blog.
- Homework. That’s right, kids, homework. It’s that time of year when the professors choose to ruin our holidays and toss tons of readings and projects-on-projects-on-projects. Today I have an assignment due and a big presentation that I’m unnecessarily nervous about. I’ve always heard that after Thanksgiving, everyone on campus goes a little crazy. Now I know it to be true.
- Dishes. Yes, dishes. Those awful things currently living in my sink. They’re gross, and I don’t want to do them, but I’ve been spending some time trying to get them done.
- Internship hunting. This is at least a valid excuse. I’ve been putting a lot of time lately looking in to finding a summer internship for 2013. As part of my program at the University of Michigan, I get to complete an internship, hopefully in my preferred field. As of now, I’m looking to explore Digital Asset Management specifically in the sports media industry. I’m pretty excited to explore my options and learn more about the field.
- Scheduling classes. We are nearing the end of the semester, so of course that means that class schedules are starting to be set for next semester. Over the past week I’ve spent at least five or six hours struggling over degree requirements, choosing my specialization, and exploring the types of skills I need to develop to get my foot in the door in my preferred field. This has been so stressful, but ultimately worth it. I’ve made a tentative plan for the rest of my time in my program – only three more semesters! – and feel confident that the classes I’m choosing will serve a purpose. I think that in itself will help me make the most of my time at UMich, knowing that each class I’m taking will eventually relate to my career.
- And as always, indulging in a little entertainment. C and I have a very long list of shows that we regularly watch. I’ve thought to write a post specifically dedicated to our obsessions, but for now I’ll just list a few. We are currently obsessed with: Sons of Anarchy, New Girl, Last Man Standing, How I Met Your Mother, Revolution, Modern Family, and so many others. It might be ridiculous, but I’m so involved with all of these series. I love the drama, the comedy, the inside jokes, and the escape I feel for at least twenty minutes.
There you have it. Five excuses for why I’ve been neglecting you. Hopefully next week will be better, especially since it’s a pretty short week involving lots of turkey, traveling, and family.
So, what’s your excuse for this week?