So, yes – it’s finals. I’m busy writing papers and don’t necessarily have time to get knee-deep in a blog post right now. C would laugh and say, “Oh, but you have time for Facebook and playing Angry Birds on your phone?” to which I would respond, “Yes, okay. Those are my coping mechanisms.”
…and now I’m talking to myself.
Clearly, I’m going crazy. But here’s what else I’m doing:
- Drinking coffee, obviously. I’m a crazy graduate student who is furiously editing group papers, writing final assignments, and completing final projects. I take my coffee like my mom does, tons of cream and a dash of sugar. It’s a nasty habit, but at least I can always tell which cup of coffee is mine!
- Listening to The Skimm’s Ultimate Chrismukkah Party on Songza. If you don’t know of The Skimm, you definitely should. They send out a newsletter daily compiling that day’s headlines into bite-sized and easily digestible nuggets. I’ve only been on the list for about two weeks now, but I’m totally digging it. I never have time to truly catch up on the news, but now at least I feel a little bit informed after inserting The Skimm into my morning routine. Anyway, they put out playlists every once in a while, and as Holiday playlists go, this one isn’t bad. And I just heard Neil Diamond sing The Hanukkah song, so…there’s that.
- Wearing DePauw Track and Field half-zip, jeans, clogs. Today is my lazy day, okay? No class, no errands to run – just work. I’m bored already.
- Thinking that it’s about time we got some snow. It’s really hard for me to get into the holiday spirit without it, so -come on Mother Nature!
- Craving turkey wrap on wheat with lettuce, tomato, American cheese, and cranberry mayo from the Hub at DePauw. I miss that cranberry mayo.
Alright – back to work!