As today is the last Friday of the year, I think it is appropriate to reflect on the year and remember some of the best things that happened. The list is varied and helps me to remember all of the amazing opportunities that I’ve had so far.
- Tennessee Vacation. I’ve been thinking about the vacation that my family took in June for a few weeks now. We started in Kentucky with a tour of Mammoth Caves, went to Nashville and saw a show at the Grand Ole Opry and a performance by Idina Menzel. We went to Lynchburg to tour the Jack Daniel’s Distillery (my favorite whiskey!) and then headed to Pigeon Forge where we explored the Smoky Mountains and Dollywood. It was an awesome vacation for my family and I have so many funny memories of our adventures in Sha-kon-o-hey (Land of Blue Smoke). For Christmas I made my mother a little scrapbook of all of the memories and pictures from the ten day jaunt through the Smoky Mountains. Here’s a few of my favorite pages!
- Bunbury Music Festival. Another one of my favorite memories was the music festival I took C, G, and his friend to in July. It was the first inaugural Bunbury Music Festival in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was so cool! We saw so many awesome bands like Grouplove, Reverend Peyton and the Big Damn Band, Hotfox, Weezer, Manchester Orchestra, and I could go on and on. It was a challenge to stay pumped for the full three days, but we toughed it out and had an awesome time with only a mild sunburn.
- Starting a new chapter in Ypsilanti. So far the biggest change in the year has been when C and I relocated to Ypsilanti to start our new chapter. We moved into an adorable apartment, I started school, C found an exciting job that he loves, and we’ve settled in nicely. I’m so happy with our little home and can’t wait to see where our next adventure takes us.
- Semper tres sumus. One memorable moment of this year was getting my tattoo done with G. Though the circumstances were awful and I’d rather not have to have the tattoo, I’m still so glad to share something so meaningful with my little brother. Someday I’ll share the full meaning of the tattoo with all of my readers, but not until I’m ready.
- Starting this blog. It’s cheesy and lame, but one of my favorite things of this entire year has been developing the blog. Sure, I know I’ve got a lot of work left to do, but I think it’s been a good run so far. I’m really enjoying the routine of writing and planning and brainstorming for posts each week. My process can only get better and my writing can only improve.
So thank you readers for putting up with my experimenting and offering your support! Cheers to the new year and many more adventures ahead!